- SDP -Students’ Development Program on “Enhancing & Adding to your India Education, a pathway for Everyone “by speakers from Colorado Heights University, USA.
A series of Workshop on ‘Effective Teaching’, ‘Application in Teaching and Learning, your Role in Effective Admission’, ‘Counseling’, ‘Business Etiquettes’, ‘Spirits’, and ‘Formal Dining’.
Participated in Short Term Training of Teacher’s Induction to ICT based Education by NITTTR, Chandigarh.CAREER LADDER : MT > ASST. MANAGER > MANAGER > HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
- FDP – Faculty Development Program on Basic IT Skills by IIT Bombay.
DVSIHM faculty and student visited Five Star Property – Sarovar Portico at Roorkee.
Student recreation tour at Crystal World, Roorkee.
A workshop on “Emerging Trends in Hospitality Industry”, the key note speaker was Mr. Manish Kumar, F&B Manager –Vivanta by Taj, New Delhi.
Co – Curricular Activities
- ‘D’Oasis 2k14′ : A State level Inter-collegiate Fest showcasing Culinary Efficacy & Hospitality Endeavors. The Institute hosted D’Oasis for the third time in series since 2012.
- ‘Meditation’ : Self exploration exercise.
- ‘Colors’ : Holi celebration.
- ‘Hoteliers Celebration’ : to celebrate the International Chef Day.
- ‘Manthan’ : includes various academic events like Mock Interview, Group Discussion, Quiz, extemporaneous, inter- institutional declamation competition, paper reading and power point presentation competition.
- ‘Fireless Cooking’ : Intercollegiate Fireless Cooking completion.